September and October are harvest times for our apples. We have harvested so many apples that we turn some of them into fresh apple juice, using a certified company doing the job. The first apple juice making day in 2019 is September 21 – please mark it on your calendar!
Our fresh juice has the following qualities:
- 100% pure with nothing added
- package comes with handy dispenser valve
- vacuum packaged, no need for refrigeration
- one year shelf life for sealed package
- one month shelf life for opened package
Note that this is the second year for our organic certification transitional process. If everything is alright, we should get the final approval by the year of 2021 – yes!
The cost is $16 per 5 litres if you come to pick it up in our orchard, $20 for Greater Vancouver area. While you’re there, you can pick ripe apples to take home as well! Prices for our U-pick apples are:
- Gala – $1/lb
- Macintosh – $1/lb
- HoneyCrisp – $2/lb
- Ambrosia – $1.5/lb (October)
- Golden Delicious – $1.5/lb (October)
- Fuji – $1.5/lb (October)